- ride bikes,
- dig music,
- crave adventure, and
- want to change the world (or just yourself)?
- lovely to be around 90% of the time,
- comfortable with tumult and uncertainty, and
We’re currently looking for:
- experienced bike mechanic
- experienced electronic fixit maestro
- acupuncturist/deep tissue masseuse/naturopath/homeopath/MD
- pro photographer
Maybe you’d like to join us on a tour sometime, or maybe you’d like to help organize or volunteer for a bicycle music festival in your town. We’d love to hear from you. Drop us a crafty line or check out specific opportunities for your town (if it’s highlighted):
Roll With the BMF! It’s easy to get involved… Here are some great ways to be part of the action:
Street Team! 1. Help pass out fliers to spread the word about BMF! Email Us to find out where to pick up postcards and posters. Or download a PDF of this amazing poster and print it out yourself.
2. Add the BMF tour poster or logo to your website or blog. http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dxoXAamdZt-ktZOMXHLyRg?feat=directlink
3. Follow us on Twitter and grab your bros and sisses. We’ll be updating throughout the tour to let everyone know where we are en route. Tell your bike and music heads to sign up on Twitter and follow BMF around the city!
4. Ride and sing and revolt and dream!
Festival Volunteers! We need lots of help! It’s going to be a day of fun in the sun with a rowdy mix of touring and local groups getting the crowd riled up about Bike Power and Sustainable Music. Won’t you join on in?
Calling All Community Organizations
Collaborate with us! Do you have a cool community activity that we can tie-in to the BMF like a farm workday, social activity that you and your friends are organizing, or want to table for your non-profit organization at the BMF? Let’s do it!
BMF is made possible by the support of audiences and some wonderful local individuals and businesses. We encourage support via cash or in-kind materials/services to help support your local Bicycle Music Festival. Contact us and we’ll be in touch! Current contributors are:
Please let us know if you’ve found an awesome spot for a future pedal-powered concert.
If your city doesn’t have a list of performers yet, there might be room for your band or your favorite band. Send us to your myspace, sonicbids, or website. All genres welcome to apply. You needn’t be a regular bike rider, but you do need to be willing to show up to your gig by bike! Chances are that someone in the community can help you shlep your gear if you don’t have a load-carrying rig.